Thursday, July 23, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Review..

photo_71_hires

The movie was kind of ok la for me, maybe cause there were not as much action then I preferred.. But most of the conversations were dead on accurate as to the book which I could relate to.. So no trouble understanding it I guess.. It was nice as I could see what the director tried to portray from his imagination.. I prefer what was in my head in the end.. :D

Some trailers for those who haven't watch the movie yet..

One thing I like about this movie is that they didn't only center the entire two in a half hours on Harry Potter.. There were a mix of all the characters which was fun to watch.. The beginning scene of the “Other Minister” I though was pretty good, as it was showing the disaster the Death Eater’s cause to the bridge and Olivander’s Wand shop..

photo_105_hires

Some how I agree with Charles on the weapon Draco used, the cupboard (I forgot what’s it called).. The movie explained the usage of it thru the whole movie.. If not people watching it without reading the book wouldn't understand.. The unbreakable vow scene involving Snape, Narcissa and Bellatrix was nice to watch..

harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-20080815031722338_640w

A new character was introduce in this movie, Potions Professor Horace Slughorn.. Slughorn played a great deal in this movie, retrieval of the memory and all.. Not forgetting the curse on the Defense Against the Dark Arts position.. It still continues, no teacher has ever taught the subject successfully more then a year.. haha.. Another thing I like was that Harry Potter unknowingly and indirectly was learning from Snape, the half blood prince.. Which is kind of ironic to come to think of it, the person he despised 2nd to Lord Voldemort being his teacher..

photo_14_hires

In my opinion, this half blood prince movie is a build up for the last movie and I hope I don't get disappointed by that in the future.. The last book, Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows is recreated into a 2 part movie.. Hope the director is able to do it justice.. Since it would have a minimum of 4 hours right?? End it with a bang I hope..

photo_20_hires

Harry Potter’s cast will change in the last movie from what I know.. So no more Emma Watson,Rupert Grint and Daniel Radcliffe?? Kind of sad though to think about it.. It would be nice to see Hermione and Ron together in the finale.. hehe.. These are just rumors maybe?? Hope it is anyways and they find a away to make all the cast look older for the last movie.. It would be waste to watch this fantastic cast in action for 6 movies and a totally different cast for the finale.. I rate this movie 3.8/5.. Boring but nice.. hahaha..

photo_17_hiresphoto_11_hiresphoto_16_hiresharry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-11 harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-20080320101218658_640w

Some recollection of previous Harry Potter movies..

32963_the-new-hogwarts-recruits

2001

2002

32955_the-team-hit-the-forrest

2004

2005

harrypotter5pic30

2007

2 comments:

Charlz said...

fuh, harry potter review also! XP hihihi not as bad at all ma~ kikiki

damn look at their faces when young time O_O

John Emmanuel Edmund said...

charles: ya lor.. when I come to think of it.. not that bad but not as good as I expected it to be.. I gave 3.8 rating what over 5.. hehe..