Wednesday, February 18, 2009

In Memories of Eddie Lourdes..


Hey you all,

I've been back in JB these pass few days.. This trip down wasn't a pleasant one to begin with.. I got news from my parent around 1 on Friday afternoon that my cousin, Eddie was involved in an accident and he was in ICU now.. His 2 friends who was with him in the car died on the spot in that accident.. Nothing else I could do but just pray for him and I got few of COP people as well to pray with me..


Then about 3 I get a phone call from my dad telling me that Eddie didn't make it.. My heart dropped.. I submitted my FYP and resume all and straight away went to the bus stop to a bus ticket back to JB.. All that I could think of in bus on the journey back is.. Why why?? what happen?? He's only 21 this year.. My head was just all over the place.. I reach about 5 and I straight away went to see his body, his parents, amuka, amaci and the others who were there dy..


The house was still quiet with the coffin in the middle of the house.. It was 5 am there and all were still awake and in disbelieve that this had happen.. By 6 all the relatives were there dy.. The Ipoh people were the last to arrive including me..


What happen?? Few newspapers has written an article about it..


2009/02/15

Three Uniten students killed in collision

BATU PAHAT: Three students from Universiti Tenaga Nasional (Uniten) in Muadzam Shah, Pahang, were killed when the Perodua Kancil they were in collided with a Mercedes Benz at Km9 Jalan Labis-Yong Peng yesterday.


The students were on their way to Skudai when they lost control of the car and it veered into the opposite lane and hit the Mercedes Benz.


S. Shalini, 20, and S. Sukjesh, 20, died on the spot. Eddie Lourdes, 20, who suffered serious injuries, was rushed to the Batu Pahat Hospital but died about 2.30pm.


Taken from the New Straits Times..


Sunday February 15, 2009

Valentine trip home turns fatal for students

By MEERA VIJAYAN


JOHOR BARU: A university student who was heading home to celebrate Valentine’s Day with his grandmother was killed along with two of his best friends in a tragic road accident.


Eddie Lourdes Benjamin, 20, was driving home from his Uniten Muadzam campus in Pahang with varsity mates Sukjesh Surendran, 19, and Shaalini Suppaya, 20, when he was believed to have been involved in a head-on collision with another car while trying to overtake.


The incident occurred around 12.10pm on Feb 13, along the 9th kilometre of the Labis-Yong Peng trunk road.


Sukjesh and Shaalini were killed instantly, while Eddie died several hours later at the Batu Pahat hospital.


Eddie and Shaalini were both accounting students at Uniten while Sukjesh was studying finance.


Eddie’s father, supervisor R. Benjamin, 53, said his son had planned to come home to celebrate Valentine’s Day with his grandmother and mother as he was very close to them.


“He was bringing his friends home, and we were to go out for a meal on Valentine’s Day and spend time together. They were also going to celebrate my birthday, which was on Feb 8,” he said in tears.


Benjamin said he did not realise something was amiss when calls to his son went unanswered around 1pm.


He added that a relative called him afterwards to tell him his son had met with an accident.


Grandmother Mary Augustin, 66, said she was devastated, as Eddie had asked her to make his favourite nasi lemak for him.


Johor traffic police chief Supt T. Raveendran said police believed Eddie’s Kancil was attempting to overtake a vehicle when it crashed into an oncoming Mercedes Benz.


The driver of the Mercedes escaped with light injuries to her leg, he added.


Taken from the Star..

This is what was in the newspapers based on the police report which was based on the Merc dude's statement.. So how much is it true?? I got no idea.. Some people and other passer by says otherwise.. So..
I believe thats all for now on what happen to my beloved cousin Eddie Lourdes.. More on Eddie, our cousins and our memories soon..

2 comments:

Ilidina.. said...

john..sory to hear about ur cousin..takziah..

Raymond said...

Sorry I didn't know about this earlier, just saw this post.. my deepest condolence..
I lost a cousin last June, I know how it feels...