I've been having migraine on and off for almost a whole year now.. I first started facing this problem during my internship period.. But lately, I’ve been experiencing migraine frequently and more painful sometimes.. I don't know why can get migraines all, I’m still young kot.. Many people say I just don't have enough sleep... Maybe it's true.. So I googled it up and here is what I've found out..
For the benefit of those who don't know what migraine is? Migraine is a neurological syndrome. A severe, disabling headache, usually affecting only one side of the head, and often accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and a heightened sensitivity to bright lights (photophobia) and noise(hyperacusis) .. I got this from Wikipedia only.. haha.. About 80 percent of people who have migraine headaches have a family history of migraines.. Did you know this??
What can I do about this migraine of mine then? I have eaten panadol and if the pain is still unbearable I’ve taken ponstant.. Somehow prevention is better then cures right. I kinda know some things that cause my migraine and I have been avoiding it.. I try my best too of course.. :D What triggers migraines? I read an article about it..
- Certain foods such as chocolate, cheese, citrus fruits, coffee, tea (I’ve stop eating chocs and drink coffee only when wana stay up late so which has been lately only..)
- Alcohol (Don’t drink..)
- Too much or too little sleep (Too much? How I hope man.. Too little maybe, I sleep 4 hours a day only..)
- Changes in hormone balance in women - such as periods, the pill, menopause and hormone replacement therapy (I’m not a woman.. haha.. )
- Emotional stress, or relaxation after a period of stress (Not applicable to me I think..)
- Irregular meals (So me.. Eat whenever hungry only)
- Smoking (I hate smoking, I just cant stand the smell of the smoke..)
- Bright or flashing lights (Yes, this I know one of the reasons that cause my migraine..)
- Loud noise (Nope..)
- Weather - high pressure conditions, changes in pressure, hot dry winds, change of season and exposure to sun and glare (I don’t think so.. Have been living in UTP for 4 years dy..)
- Intense smells such as paint, fumes from cars or perfume (Didn’t know this can cause migraine..)